The Alum Service Corps is a ministry of the UCS Province of the Society of Jesus. Moved by a desire to serve, members of the ASC are sent out on mission for one year to minister in six schools of the province. Members of the ASC work in various roles in service to the community as teachers, mentors, and pastoral ministers.
The Province provides members of the ASC with preparation and training designed to strengthen their initial desire to serve. The program is structured around three formative dimensions: the spiritual, the communal, and the professional. The summer training, retreats, and ongoing accompaniment encourage development in these three areas.
Over the course of the year the ASC program helps volunteers deepen their desire to live a life of generosity. These experiences help ASC volunteers to cultivate hearts ready to respond to God’s call to serve.
- See God as an active and personal presence in my life calling me to love and serve others
- Explore ways of encountering God through diverse experiences of prayer and reflection
- Lead others to God by following the example of Jesus Christ
- Embrace the joys and realities of shared Christian living
- Deepen my understanding of myself in the context of living and working with others
- Cultivate practices that enrich the experience of common life and help others to flourish
- Know myself as a part of the Jesuit mission and charism
- Develop skills to be an effective Ignatian educator
- Contribute in meaningful ways to the life of a school community through generous service
Sounds great! When can I join?